Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 6, 2014

Ya know what? God cancelled work for me today. At first I was wondering what was up, and why He would want me to stay home instead of serving a family in need, but now I know! My youth group discussion ran 30 minutes overtime and I would've missed out on some awesome discussion if I had to leave! Also, I was able to serve my own family and I was given the opportunity to share my testimony and pour into a growing Christian teenager... just like I am!! I love it how our God is not dead, or even inactive, but has His hand in ALL we do.

I mean, think about it. Our God (first of all its crazy how we can call Him OURS), who created the universe... wants to help us along and grow us in Him. That boggles my mind. I feel like the one least deserving of a GOD'S attention... why would He care how much gas I have left in the tank? But then, HE DOES care! He wants to hear our struggles and thankfulness and praise and hurts because HE WANTS TO KNOW OUR VOICE. When we seem distant to Him, He lets us wander... knowing that He will ultimately have a chance to talk to us again! Sadly, trial is one of the best tools to bring us to Jesus. What would happen if we prayed and told Him EVERYTHING? What if instead of our job, our bills, our family, or our livelyhood filling our minds every day, what if Jesus took that position? What if all we did was dwell on Jesus? What if we lived our lives with Him in mind for every decision we make?


#LiveItLikeJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment