Friday, July 24, 2015

Special Post: Embarking for Maine 2015

Readers, I've got a prayer request for you all. 

Tomorrow, very early in the morning, I will be headed to Wytopitlock, Maine, for the second time. I'll be gone for 8 days without any communication with you all as I serve the community up there. As we embark on our missions trip, I would appreciate it if you would be praying for the team and I. We could use prayer for safety, as well as open hearts and pleasant weather.

We'll be doing some construction on the church and parsonage, which have deteriorated over the years. In addition, we will come alongside the Wytopitlock Baptist Church VBS and serve in any way we must to help them have a successful and fun program. Community outreach is another way we can minister to the community; from hosting a free barbecue lunch to getting to know community members one on one, we'll seek to build relationships and emulate Jesus through our actions.

Most of all, I'd appreciate prayer that God is glorified. Sometimes, it can be so hard for me to accept that things won't follow the plans we've made. I love to have a plan and follow it, but sometimes God will turn it all on its head. And that's okay. He's teaching me to learn to be content with His plan, whether or not I think it's for the best. If I follow my plans to the letter and ignore Him, He isn't glorified. It's when I lay down what I had in mind and follow Him without regrets or hesitation that He is glorified. 

Thank you for praying, and I'll see you all on the other side. Take care, and God bless! Never forget to #LiveItLikeJesus.

Your brother in Christ,
     -David Fletcher

2 comments:

  1. You and your friends are in my prayers, brother! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria, thank you very much! The trip went relatively smoothly and I am now safely back home. I'll give more details about the trip later! God bless you today!

      Delete