Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

God is all powerful! We are not. We NEED His strength, and we cannot redeem ourselves.

Recently I was going through a spiritual low, and outta the blue a friend texted me these words of encouragement:

Rest in His strength! Our best will never be enough..."Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NLT)

That 1) instantly brought me closer to Jesus and reminded me how much I need other believers to support me, and 2) that in our strength, we cannot return to Jesus. We need HIS strength to pull us BACK to Him. That seems backwards at first, because if we are far from Him, how can we use His strength?

God is never far. Thats a lie we've generated in our minds!! In our prideful state, we have decided that when we do wrong, we have distanced ourselves from God and we shut Him out. Thats a strange mechansim, huh? We have to look past our decieted minds that blind us, and see that JESUS IS STANDING RIGHT THERE!! He is literally right next to you with open arms!! Strength and power and love and encouragement are found in Him, and HE IS NEARBY!!! Why don't we see it? Why does it take someone on the outside, like another believer, to snap us out of our stupor? Because we inadvertently blind ourselves. Lets build each other up, shall we?


#LiveItLikeJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment