Friday, August 8, 2014

August 8, 2014

Some people think my message of love is too much. I don't understand... I mean, I know I have lots to learn, but I thought we are called to love others. So why is it that when Christians post snide, sarcastic, or other comments on Islamic or athiestic posts (that clearly go against what the poster believes), its wrong for me to tell them to be more loving? I mean, I understand defending our beliefs. But I do not see how a post on Google+ is an upfront attack that needs to be defended. If you don't like it, block it. We post our beliefs all the time and expect them to be understood as OUR beliefs. So why can't we accept their beliefs? To them, they are doing the same thing we are... Whenever I ask Christians to stop denying other's faiths and start loving, I am shot down. People think I'm crazy for wanting to help everyone. Now... maybe I am crazy... but I was pretty sure I understood Jesus PRETTY clearly. We love EVERYBODY. Did Jesus walk around yelling at the prostitutes to be better? Did He argue doctrine and law with the Jewish nation? Not excessively, and when He did it was IN LOVE. Shooting someone's idea of faith down does not seem loving. You guys tell me: should we go around condemning every other nation, every faith that does not believe what we believe? Or should we treat them as EVERYONE else; with an unconditional love? Cause the Church (global) is torn over this fact, and it needs to be resolved. NOW. If half of us go around condemning, and half of us go around loving... that makes us hypocrites. People will fear the condemnation side and refuse to trust the loving side. LOVE does NOT mean accepting another's point of view, LOVE means choosing selflessness towards them despite who they are. Think about that before making your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment