Friday, August 15, 2014

August 15, 2014

The Body of Christ! Designed so we don't have to go it alone:)

I was talking to someone today, and it brought to mind what I already knew, but also expanded on the idea... we truly are here for each other. For edification, for encouragement, and for comfort, we live like Jesus TOWARDS EACH OTHER! We are the face of Jesus when others in our Body are hurting! Its like a family!

I have noticed that one-on-one, God has given me the gift of encouragement. But I can NEVER pick myself up off the ground. I always wallow in my sin, knowing full well what I tell others, but its different when you are telling YOURSELF. When I hurt, I can't ignore the pain. When I struggle, I can't look past the chains. We truly need others to point us to Jesus!!

So while we help those around us, remember to help yourself by using those around you! God placed each one of us where we are with a specific purpose!! He gave us all different tools... here's a metaphor:

I am eating a salad. Buddy #1 is eating a milkshake. Buddy #2 is eating cereal. I own a spoon, #1 has a fork, and #2 has a straw. We cannot use our OWN tools given us, how would you eat a salad with a spoon? Or a milkshake with a fork? Or cereal with a straw?!? Thats ridiculous!! Instead of trying to accomplish eating what is set in front of us, we should help EACH OTHER by swapping tools! We can equip another to live for Jesus!! Also notice how I didn't mention switching meals... Jesus gave us the situation we are in for a reason! Why wish to change it, if we can get the tools to overcome!


So there ya go! Often we can't help ourselves, so we have to outreach to others for help!!! #LiveItLikeJesus yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment