Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014

"I hear you calling out,
Our ship is going down,
We're sinking and I can't let you go!
I couldn't understand;
You wouldn't take My hand!
I watched you fall into the ocean below!
...
We gotta wake up!
We gotta save us!
So baby hang on!
I'm coming after you;
I'm diving overboard!
Any moment,
We can lose it!
I'm diving after you, 
I'm jumping overboard!" - Manafest

I wanted to share this song, and then an analysis of it!

This is Jesus, calling out to us. Whenever we get into trouble, we call out His name. We ask Him for help. God refuses to let us go. But when He offers His help, we often are too blinded by our pain and don't take His hand. We fall into the sea of despair.

God wants us to wake up, and be alive in HIM again. He wants to save our broken relationship with Him. He dives OVERBOARD, and into the dark abyss where He can show us the way out. But at any moment, we can so easily lose sight of His light and get lost in the dark depths of the ocean again... So He has to stay near and hold us close and guide us out.


THIS is how much God loves us!!! I have been in this position so many times, and I'm so glad He jumped overboard for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment