Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014

I think a problem with my generation and their walk with God is that they try so hard to listen to God. They don't understand (though they've been told) that God speaks through many devices, ranging from eye contact with a stranger to the words of an agnostic. God can literally use anyone, and we as teens get so caught up with trying to HEAR God. I know, at least for me, that I used to lay in bed at night and try and be silent and wait on God. Some silly thought would cross my mind, and I wondered if that was God 'speaking'. I would make something out of nothing. Jesus had His hand in my life most definitely, but I wasn't LOOKING for Him, I was trying to HEAR Him. When Jesus occupies your life fully, you understand He can speak through many different mediums! It becomes easier to 'hear' Him, because your eyes are opened to SEE Him. Hearing doesn't require whole hearted surrender. Seeing requires you to be wholly broken before Him so that He can reveal His heart and hand. So, if you are searching for a voice admist your darkness, He IS THERE. You just don't see it yet, because your blinders are still on. Don't despair!!! God'll hit you like a bullet train and you will be astounded and overwhelmed by His awesomeness!!! You just gotta pray, surrender, and wait on Jesus. He'll get you through, that was His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment