Saturday, March 7, 2015

Special Post: Support Letter for Maine Missions

Dear Blog and Google+ Community,

Well, here I am again! Its nearing the end of February and sign-ups for the short-term mission trips at my church have commenced. I went to Maine last year; that was quite the experience!

I plan on going to Maine again this year. From July 25 to August 2, we'll be in Wytopitlock, Maine, serving the community there in many different capacities. We'll be doing some more construction work (hopefully finishing up the staircases into the church that we weren't able to get to last year!) as well as aiding the church with their VBS program. Last year, my biggest responsibility was helping out with VBS, and then in the afternoon, connecting heart to heart with the youth and adults alike. I was able to get to know the community there very well, and everyone was very warm and inviting!

But, probably the coolest thing has been the ways I've been able to stay in touch with those I met! Through social media I’ve been able to stay connected, encourage, and just laugh with the community in Maine. Just a few months ago, a young lady I met this past summer let me know that she accepted Christ that evening! She wanted me to be the first to know. See, God used me in ways I couldn't have even seen; I went up to Maine and came back feeling much the same, and it’s only as time has gone on that I have seen that God has so much more for me!

At this time last year, I was just kickstarting my faith. God called me the month prior (January 2014) to stop living for Him, and start living with Him. And so that's what I did! He blessed me with a trip to Maine, wisdom and knowledge to apply on my blog, and many leadership positions in and around my church. I am so blessed to be serving my God! And here's how you can help me out: I need to raise $950 to be able to go. When ya’ll give, you'll be supporting others on the team as well as myself! I'll need half of my funds in by April 19, but I would be so blessed if I could be fully supported by then! Here’s how: head to the link provided (http://www.purbap.org/givingtomissions) and read the directions.

However, if you cannot give, you can still help out in another way: prayer. Intercessory prayer is such a powerful tool, as James 5:16 tells us: "The intense prayer of the righteous is very powerful" (HCSB). So, PLEASE be praying in, around, over, under, through, and for my trip! I know God will do great things; its only a matter of faith!


Thank you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment