Saturday, February 7, 2015

Down But Not Out

I just want my Jesus back.

Of course, He's never left me! And neither have I left Him; I've only been blinded by responsibility and now I spin in circles, groping in the dark, looking for my Savior desperately. I don't understand what my body is doing! I am stressed more than usual, and I am not sleeping well at all. The spiritual darkness closes in around me and although I seek Jesus, He does not seem closer. 

At my church I participate every week in an hour of prayer in the prayer room, and its always a great time. Last night I had my time slot and I used that time to just focus my heart on Jesus. Earlier that evening, and even Thursday evening, I was snapping at my family and stressed more than I've ever known. Closing my eyes flooded my mind with times, dates, and responsibilities and keeping them opened left me looking half-crazed as I rocked in place staring out the window, wide-eyed and unblinking. 

Now, this afternoon, I've finally had time to take a nap. I slept for three hours, give or take a little, and I STILL feel exhausted. I still need to do homework, and I still need to do laundry. So many things I still need to do, and its breaking me. I cannot go on much longer; Jesus, save me soon. 

My cries seem to bounce off the ceiling. Jesus may be listening, and I know He's broken because He loves me, and yet I know He knows He cannot step in just yet because its best if He waits. Best for whom, I know not, but I CANNOT abandon my faith and all that I've built my life on. I've become so dependant on Jesus that I would die if I left the faith; my oxygen would rapidly disappear and I would suffocate in the darkness of our world. My faith is not a burden; rather, it gives me HOPE. I am very logical and enjoy reasoning. Because of this, I know that I would not allow myself to believe a lie. I look at myself sitting here, soul crying for Jesus, and ONLY Jesus, and know that what I believe is true.

My youth pastor once told me that star football players get tackled more than the third string ones; the ones who just sit on the bench. That gives me hope. If the darkness wants me out of play SO BAD that it would chase like this after me, let it. I am NOT letting go of my Jesus, and even if I did, He, FOR SURE, would not let go of me! My God is potent! He is powerful! Who or what can stand against His power! Though He allows me to suffer now, a time will come when He will restore ALL His children and we will worship our Lord infinitely! How wonderful!

I breathe deep, trying to breathe in Jesus. I want Him filling my lungs, diffusing into my blood, becoming one with me. To be inseparable from me. However, I know that He resides in me already, and that He is shaping me into HIS image. He is not my slave, does not heed my commands; I am His bond-servant, and holding my life, He can do what He will. I only ask to remain in His presence and fix my eyes on Him for the rest of my days. To reside in His dwelling place... what an amazing thought. To be in the embrace of my God is what I daydream about. 

There are so many ways to push my buttons, and the darkness knows them well. I love to help and serve and invest in lives, but I often over-extend myself. Right now I'm in a state of radio silence; no one contacts me unless absolutely necessary. That way I don't feel obligated to engage with this world as I seek out my Savior. Prying questions push my buttons; especially when I'm down and need space. I get a lot of those too. Responsibilities that cannot be avoided are ALWAYS pressing in on me; the walls of the prison of my mind are rapidly closing in. I cannot sleep without first closing my eyes, and I cannot close my eyes without worrying about how to schedule my day around what needs to get done. Even now my stomach churns and broils over what I must do. My whole body is in a state of turmoil and unrest; the spiritual wrestling with the physical. My light shines weakly right now, a pale reflection of what Jesus looks like. 

Faithfulness. Thats what I keep coming back to. Thats a big thing with my youth pastor, and time and time again He'll tell me to be FAITHFUL. To strive after Jesus when times get hard, so that's what I'm going to do! I've sought after Jesus for days on end, only to find Him right next to me... let's do that again! To those that search, they will find.

"All of my problems lay in my hands,
I feel the pressure creeping in! 
All of these demons stands in my head,
and I want to feel You now!

Clouded and wounded, my head strikes my heart,
I need to the gift, the gift of love!
So Savior, come save me, my heart's on fire!
I want to feel You now!

Because I want to see, 
I want to love,
Want to find what I've been dreaming of!
So I'll stay, I'll stay with You!
Where I've nothing left to lose!" - Luminate

I love this song so much. The brokeness exhibited in these words, the desparate desire to find Jesus, I see this in my own life; especially now. Jehovah-Jireh is the God that provides, and He WILL give me rest! I am of Jesus's kin, and "...when we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself" (2 Timothy 2:13). Our God is faithful, something I cannot claim to be. But I do love the fact that He is always pursuing ME. Instead of chasing madly after God, further stressing myself and wearing me out, I think I'm just going to stop, sit down, and cry out His name. He'll retrace His steps and find me here; better to be broken and found than whole and lost. 

My eyes are heavy, my heart is heavy, I am heavy. Gravity keeps pulling me down. But Jesus will be lifting me UP soon, and I just need to wait on Him! Intercessory prayer is such a powerful tool, and so I've got people praying over me. I don't know what my life would be like without all those people behind the scenes, praying over me, but it sure wouldn't be better! You guys are literally making my life better; I have my faith, my family, and my livelihood because of people who pray over me and for me. God hears these prayers and acts according to His will; but with so many believers behind me whose will is aligned with God, it can only strengthen me!

"Though darkness tries to take hold,
Your light will guide us home!
Your love will finally save us,
and Your light will guide us home!" - Luminate

Someone I met just recently, someone from DNow, has been an awesome encouragement to me. They hardly know me, and yet we quickly became good friends. They don't live near my area, yet they are more faithful to pray for me and keep me seeking Jesus than most of my outside circles of friends. She keeps me coming back to my own life motto: "Live It Like Jesus". Even when I'm hurt and I'm down, I can STILL live like Jesus and emulate His love! Darkness does not dictate my path on this narrow road; the LIGHT does! As I follow Jesus I'll look more and more like Him; living like Him as a result! And if God came down to earth to show us how to love, shouldn't we follow His example?

Its been a long post, I know. If you've stayed with me thus far, thank you. Writing has become my out, and sometimes I just have a lot to say. God bless you guys, and please continue to pray for me as I try and find my Savior amidst this encroaching darkness. 

6 comments:

  1. Brother from God's view to you through Son's done work for you, before you were ever placed here on earth through Mom's womb. God foresaw you coming through, just as God saw Saul and one day separated him from the ignorance he was in under Law as he was and killed believers and believed he was doing right, and was not, as God showed him to show us through the words pinned through him by God from Jail. That would have never been pinned by him if he had not been arrested

    So do you see now to count this you are going through as glory Hallelujah to you. there to teach you. Are you willing to see this through and learn from what you hate to do, and see no way out of, constantly in prayer for God to deliver you from this thing you hate so much. And it seems nothing works to overcome, and is perplexing trying to make you walk away and give up?

    Well Brother that is the enemy as you recognize and you go into pray for help while in this mess, and try not to do anymore of what you do not want, only to find you doping it all over again, yes Brother been there, and saw to continue on to try and stop and all I really did was by this make it worse seeing what Paul meant in Romans 7, saying every time I want to do right, instead I find me doing what I hate and do it anyway, is this you?
    well here comes the next, you give up on trying and it gets better, yet never goes away always there to haunt you and make you in so much guilt you can't see, wanting to get rid of it, that you hate.
    So you give up and say okay God you take over, you have let go of the tug a war you have been in with the enemy and put down the rope, you used to pull on to win this race of being right in the Lord and still for years to come this Haunting remains to derail you from the narrow Path you so desperately want to stay on.
    And you will see through one day and overcome, yet when you do, you will see this as not you that did this overcoming you so definitely want.
    And it is awesome to me to hear you say and know God will not ever leave you nor forsake you, for that Brother is a fact, that I held onto as well, from youth on, and the delivery I see today really began for me to see through to rest in God as he has this for you, 2 years ago. and I am now 58 years old and have never forgotten God loves me so as God does you as well

    So the best way I can deliver any relief to you is to read Roman 7 and see where Paul separates truth from error in there
    I serve the who and do what with what I serve as what is my thought at the time. A little cryptic fro God to reveal this to you and I trust God will and might be today, could be a year from now or even longer. So are you going to stand in this Faith as told about in short three verses Col 1:21-23 and ask God to reveal to you his meaning of romans 7 pinned by Paul for you to break on through to the other side as you are still here on this side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement!! Sorry it took me so long to get around to be on a computer…

      To be completely honest, Romans 7 is one of my favorite chapters! God has used that chapter over and over again in my life, in addition to the way you just used it to show me that I do what I do not want to; that's the law of sin!

      God bless you brother!

      Delete
  2. David, Blessings little brother in Christ! I thank the Lord that he has given you a humble heart to share moments of your walk with the Lord with others.

    –I guess we are put through fire... As I've shared a little of my life, it has not been that easy. Too many mistakes, so little commitment on my part to follow him I guess. However, He was always been there, all of my life, delivering me from my own mistakes when I couldn't go on no more, when I had made a mess of my life, even if I didn't deserve it. But to follow Jesus and not only believe in Him I always felt it was too hard, and that I couldn't, I felt too unworthy, I couldn't understand many things in my life and I still don't. Now here I find myself walking towards Jesus, it's uncharted territory for me, sometimes I feel I'm sinking, to walk in faith, to set aside my past sins, questions, doubts, to leave behind my comfort zone, to trust in Him and die to myself. I guess it's hard, because I have to live with the consequences of living according to how I felt and thought. Not all days are the same, these last days have been challenging as I remember my life not so long ago. I was talking to the Lord earlier in the day, of how I felt, how I was struggling, even thought that it was Him that brought me out, feeling so alone, like I'm the only one that goes through moments where you ask Jesus where are you, I need you, I can't go on, right now I can't see your hand in my life–.

    I do get the post, though not the same situation I'm going through, your sincere words of a follower and -hard working streched thin with many responsibilities- servent of our Lord Jesus Christ do motivate to continue on. Thank you. May the Lord bless you, as you are a blessing to others, you are in my prayers, I'm praying that you find the time to catch up, rest and feel that same fire of His Spirit of.His love in your heart, that you"ve mentioned in previous posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot, a piece of advice given to me by a coworker given to me when I was stressed out about all the work that needed to be done, she said "no te preocupes, ocupate"/ "don't preoccupy yourself, occupy yourself", in Spanish it means don't worry beforehand, get busy with the task at hand. Sometimes this thought helps me to focus, and just jump from on activity to the next and busy myself with the work and not the anxiety of many things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is great advice!

      And its crazy for me to hear that I'm a blessing to others, even in my worried state. I can only say that's Jesus working through me, because there is no way I was capable in my own strength to support others:) God does truly amazing things!

      God bless you this evening!

      Delete
  4. Yes God does, now view this
    1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)

    4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    And ask God to impute this into you as he did Abraham, and many Patriarch's by them trusting God to do what they can't and that be 1 cor 13:4-7. only Go can through you. So you see the next part on Romans 7, With the inner man of the heart you serve God 100% that be in the Spirit not in the flesh you are housed in, Love you Brother and am excited you are seeing through in humility

    ReplyDelete