Thursday, January 4, 2018

Racing

Chai latte,
beautiful snowy day,
a pen in my hands.

Clouds hanging,
guitar strings twanging,
and a poem in my heart.

These are the things that I am thankful
for today, a measure of the good Lord's
grace, the gift of breath in my lungs, and
the wondrous beauty of the world around me.

If I could number the ways that my 
Jesus has blessed me, I would be numbering
those ways for an eternity. I'm glad that instead,
I get to spend my whole life with Him.

Finding wonder and beauty in the racing
world around us can often be much
more difficult than we would like, but God
offers His rest and comfort to all who seek Him.

Oh, may the Lord be praised! May my song
rise to Him in the morning, and my gratitude
in the evening. For He is enthroned and reigns
forever and ever in heaven and in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment