Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Storms

Heart on a storm-tossed sea,
can barely hear Your love for me
amidst the crashing thunder and pounding waves;
feels like this tempest might last for days.

Throwing unneeded things off the side,
lightening the load into the surging tide.
I toss away what once held importance
in a desperate attempt to leave this dance.

There is one thing that I hold tightly to,
a burden I refuse to just let go,
and even if I chose to forsake all else,
I wouldn’t dare send this one to the shells.

The Lord, my Light, who gave me life,
He took my broken heart and healed my strife.
He freed me from sin, a price not cheap
and it is my Jesus that I choose to keep.

Should I be lost to the wind-crazed sea,
I know that forever He’ll be with me.
When upside-down I find myself,
He calms the sea and is my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment