Thursday, September 15, 2016

Stepping Back

When constant distractions all around, 
seek to drive me to my knees,
I come and pray and ask that You
would speak and calm the seas.

My life gets cluttered and cramped,
and there’s so little time for You.
And yet, You hold me in Your arms,
and are with me in all that I do.

Your whisper is hardly heard
amidst my crazy days.
But in the quiet moments of my life,
Your love prompts my praise.

You teach me of true worship;
a song without words or tune.
Instead, it’s remembrance of grace,
and the desire for You to come soon.

Instead of my questions and doubts,
You only hear my voice.
You call me beautiful, wonderful child,
and calm all the hectic noise.

You are always loving,
kind, gracious, and true.
Your beauty astounds me, 
and this life is a reflection of You.

When I take a step away,
and forget the concerns of my heart,
Your Spirit reminds me of how good You are,
and gives me a fresh new start.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you Brother
    And love this post, in trust that is remained in constant to us, as he continues to remain faithful to us to teach us how to walk in Faith alone the same as Son did while on earth reconciled us all once in his death to present us to Father as perfect, amazes me, this continues to be, even though I know I can not be perfect. only Son was and is, the exact extension of Father in flesh and blood fro us to join in by beleif that does not quit even in adversities we all get

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen brother!! What awesome and inspiring words for me to read this morning. Thank you! God bless you today!

      Delete
  2. I am also so glad to hear from you dear brother David,
    The words written are so amazingly beautiful and true so on point with my hearts cry just yesterday morning. There was such a awesome presence of God as I awakened and began to worship. I pray all is well with you and your continuing education. Thank you for this glorious share. Blessings in abundance dear beloved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you are experiencing the awesome presence of God! What an incredible thing! God bless you today; thank you for encouragement. It is much appreciated!

      Delete